Hey, let's talk about....following your dreams

It's that time of week again..
This week I decided to get some people involved with it.
I originally tweeted asking for peoples opinions on the subject but nobody actually replied..awkward, nevermind though! The last time I checked the world was still going round. So I then decided to ask four girls, two who are very good friends of mine & another two who are also bloggers & I absolutely love their blogs.
 
Since it's my blog I will go first on what I think about dreams & following them. We all probably have a dream right now, it might change from time to time. When you were little your dream might of been to meet prince charming, fall in love, get married, live in a castle & live happily ever after...now back to reality & the grown up world. Maybe some people might still have that dream good luck to you on finding him. But as you grow older you soon realise actually there is more to life than the fairy tale ending. You might realise actually you know what I don't need the fairy tale ending to be my dream & to make me happy.
You might find that your dream actually only involves you. Your dreams might change from time to time & that's absolutely fine. I think it's a brilliant idea for us all to have dreams. Dreams are what are focuses are in life. I dream to live a happy life, have good health, be able to support myself & be able to do a job that I absolutely love (possibly even work for myself). Dreams are what give us something to look forward to, no matter how hard times get you can always stop & think about your dream.. Everything might just become worthwhile again. Remember though that dreams don't come true over night but with a lot of hard work & effort your dreams can become reality. That's my piece over & done with, WOW it looks massive sorry about that..So on to a little image I think is very positive & can maybe even make your dreams come true if you follow the three simple steps..
 
Image found on weheartit

I've decided to just post the girls comments in order they got sent to me so here is what the girls had to say..

- Marie -
My dreams and ambitions in life have always been to go to uni, get a degree, a masters degree after that, a job, house, family...and change the world a little bit by making a difference somehow. Things in life have made this difficult to achieve, but never impossible. It doesn't matter how many times I fail a module at uni, or have to leave a course from being ill, or even how many times I change what my dreams are, making mistakes is how I will learn to succeed. One of my favourite quotes is 'nothing worth doing is ever easy' and I think that's how you follow your dreams; you realise it's hard, but you never stop trying because it will be worth it in the end.

- Ally -
A dream to me doesn't have to be one big thing. It can be lots of little things. It can be as simple as 'getting better' or as outrageous as 'living in the Caribbean'. Whether realistic or highly unlikely, dreams are what get us through each day. I've soon learnt that dreams change over time. When I was younger, I dreamt of being successful and making lots of money, two very materialistic goals. Now I'm older, I just dream of being happy and comfortable. At the moment my biggest dream is to become permanent in my temporary job, move out and have my own little place. I don't dream of the stereotypical things others may do at my age, such as marriage and children, my dreams are 'selfish' in the sense that I just want to live for me.

- Rachael -
I was never the type of person to have one dream when I was younger. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I grew up and change my mind often about what I want out of life. However one thought that has resonated with me whether I've been dreaming of travelling, being a show jumper or a successful writer is that I want to build a happy life. That is the dream I chase, it's not always easy in fact quite frankly at my lowest point it seemed impossible, during my darkest hours when it seems that there is no hope I remember that dream and tell myself not to give up.

- Debi -
When I was younger I had big dreams of having a career and making plenty of money to buy nice things and go on beautiful holidays. I wanted to have a chance to travel (although I hate flying) and see the world.  I had ambitions of being a career woman until the age of 25 when I would take a small break to have children. The thing is life doesn't often work out as simply as you would like, often you change your mind about what you want. As I have grown up I have changed a lot and so have my dreams. Of course, I'd still love money for glorious holidays in the sun; I live in Scotland, it's not like we get a lot of sunshine here! Nowadays my dreams all centre around getting married and having a family. I've always been more of a family girl, anyway, so it isn't surprising that this is what I want now. It's still a way off but it's good to have something to work towards. Your dreams don't have to be the same things as everyone else. It's ok to want something different from the norm. When things get tough and it seems like you'll never achieve what you want remember no dream is unreachable and, with a little hard work and planning, you will can make them a reality.

I'd like to thank the girls once again for taking part in this post.
Marie, Rachael & Debi all have blogs & I shall link them below.

Marie - Me, Myself and Cookie
Rachael - Rachael Victoria
Debi - Dib-Dab-Debs

What are your opinions on dreams & following your dreams?
What is your dream in life?
Feel free to leave a comment below & let me know, I'd love to hear of them.

Thanks for reading.
- Anna ♥

9 comments

  1. Lovely post, Anna. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi..Thank you for being involved too! :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. love this, thank you for letting me part of it too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ally...you are more than welcome! :) I LOVE getting people involved! :D xxxx

      Delete
  3. thanks Brittany, I will be sure to check it out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was SO inspiring and deep, i appreciate the effort you put into this post, well done! I liked reading it a lot, than you.

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :) I love getting this kind of response, thank you for commenting! <3 xx

      Delete