what goes up must come down & that's ok!

If you can't tell by the name, something happened yesterday & I'm here to share it with you because you know what...mental health is something that is ok & it is absolutely fine to talk about it, be open & honest. Let's make this world a little easier & bash the stigma on its nasty head.
 
Yesterday I had work & the night before I didn't feel overly great, a temperature & a little bit of a funny head. I was in two minds about going to work but I powered on. I'm starting to think those feelings were part of my anxiety. Yesterday my shift was 11 til 3, I always turn up about 5 or 10 minutes before hand...so I went upstairs in the staff room to take my coat & scarf off and to put away my bag in a locker. I was alone, what happened next?
 
I just burst straight in to tears, my automatic thought in my head at that time was "I can't do this, this is too much". Maybe 15 minutes later after a few more tears, racing heart & an nasty sick feeling...I was absolutely fine & sat explaining a little bit more to the deputy manager. The only two people who knew about my little friends (anxiety & panic) weren't in work yesterday so nobody knew. I explained to my deputy manager afterwards & she was absolutely lovely, really understanding, caring & wanted me to tell her a little bit more about it. Seriously can't thank her enough for being the way she is, cos if she wasn't so accepting it would made it even harder.
 
Once the feelings had passed & I'd spoke to my deputy manager I was ready to go again. I managed the full shift with no problems at all. My high temperature had gone & so had the funny head...I wonder if that was all linked, who knows?
 
The whole point of this post was to just share the story with you, to prove that yes sometimes things go downhill but that is absolutely fine. Don't be scared of it happening, just accept it cos it is ok for it to happen. It's ok to talk to people too, sharing my feelings & thoughts always makes me feel so much better. Always remember aswell, what goes up must come down...but also what goes down must also come back up again. ♥

4 comments

  1. Did my comment show?! It was a big well done to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no it didn't :( I'm a little bit gutted but I'm sure it was lovely as always :) thank you Christina :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got one fabulous boss there! Sorry you had such a crappy day but definitely a huge well done for getting through it - each and every day is a little achievement :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a fabulous work team all together! :) sometimes we have to have crappy times to receive good times:) xxx

      Delete