missing in action, a little update...

Almost at the end of January (where has this month gone) & I've only posted once, yes...once. I'm not exactly happy with this but sometimes life happens & we just don't have time to blog, bloggers who else is with me? A little voice inside my head wants me to apologise but why should I? :/

I'm just going to share a little update & hopefully get my blogging mojo back sometime soon, hopefully very soon.

At the beginning of the year (2nd January if were being exact), my dad had a back operation so I've been helping him alot, whether it be around the house (you know, tea must be made every half an hour on the dot) or driving him to hospital appointments. So I've been helping with my dad & him being out of action also means my mum is in need of a little more help at the shop too. Luckily (in a way of course) business is alot quieter after Christmas but everyone seems to be quieter so nothing to worry about there.

Over the past two months or so I've felt like I've lost myself. Only slightly but I feel like I'm getting myself back. I'm learning alot more about myself, knowing what I like, knowing what I don't like. Knowing what kind of people I need in my life, knowing what kind of people I don't need in my life. Knowing what makes me happy, knowing what doesn't make me happy. One thing I'm still to figure out is what I want to do as a career, working in a carpet shop (what I do now) isn't that enjoyable. Plus, there isn't an awful lot to do sometimes either. I need to find myself more.

One thing I have learnt about myself is I'm loving my new camera my parents bought me for Christmas. I've taken over 500 photos in less than a month but I've narrowed it down to a few of my favorites to share with you.



I've learnt something I like about photography, I prefer to take creative photos. I like creating photos, making them different, spotting something unusual or unusual and beautiful. Once I've captured a photo I don't like adjusting the lighting in photos though, I don't tweak them slightly. I like to keep them original, leave them natural. Obviously sometimes though I do tend to alter the effects, I'm quite a fan of the black & white photos.

Hopefully over this year we'll (me & you, my friend) will be able to see improvements in my content & my photography.

Whats new with you?

8 comments

  1. Beautiful photos! (: I hope your dad is feeling better. Please don't apologize for "neglecting" your blog--sometimes in real life we get busy, and the online life must wait. ^.^ Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are gorgeous! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are excellent photos! I love the one of the plane and I still think your scarf is fabulous (I've been wearing mine a lot too). The only thing new with me at the moment is that I had to go back to work at the beginning of January (after 3 months off) and I now seem to have no free time! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Louisa! :)

      The scarf just seems to work with everything...I now own 3 different checked scarves (I'm a sucker!) but they work so well :)

      WOW, I bet that was an absolute shock, hope you're getting on alright though :) xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos Anna, you really do have an eye for it!
    And for the record, it's your blog and you can post when you jolly well like, without guilt.
    Hope Papa Chitty Chat is doing well.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you Michelle...do you think so? :)
      I sure can, you're right :) speaking of posting whenever I jolly well like, I'm going to be blogging soon with my new snaps...I took myself off to a local national trust park for some me time :) I'm sure you'll love them too

      Thank you! He's getting there, moaning & driving us potty haha :) xxxx

      Delete